Mold is a type of fungus. It can grow anywhere there is moisture, indoors or out. There are many types of molds, but none will grow without moisture. mold spores are always floating around in the air, and if they land on a damp spot indoors, they can begin growing. Black mold is probably one of the most dangerous because it produces a toxic substance called mycotoxin that has been well documented to be potentially harmful to humans and animals and damage personal property. It can cause death if proper remediation techniques aren’t used when removing it from your home or business.
People are not very good at identifying or recognizing mold growth. There are several techniques for helping you determine if there is a mold problem in your home or business. One way of deciding what materials are involved is in deciding what’s wet and dry. You need to know what the average, unaffected area looks like before you call one of our specialist technicians to come out and do an inspection. If you have allergies, respiratory problems, or asthma, it might be difficult for you to tell what does and does not have mold on it, so now extreme care must be taken when looking at surfaces that appear wet. The first rule of mold removal is never to test the air around materials suspected of being saturated with mycotoxin-producing molds because people can become severely ill from doing this.
The health risks associated with mold exposure are well documented. They range from minor skin irritation to acute and chronic lung conditions, including allergic alveolitis (pneumonitis) and even toxic effects on the central nervous system.
Most people who discover a musty odor in their home will immediately check all walls for indications of water seepage or other signs of moisture damage. If you can smell mold, the chances are good that some spores are already being circulated throughout your living environment. It’s not just where it’s coming from but also how badly affected an area may be by mold spores — both inside your home and outside too. A simple light switch test can be done by shutting off the breaker to see a change in access humidity levels.
Mold may grow in your home due to water damage from flooding, leaks, or even condensation. Mold can also grow outside if there is lots of moisture and humidity around the areas where it’s growing. In either case, you should remove mold as soon as possible because it poses several risks to you and your family. It’s essential to check for hidden mold and be sure that it is completely removed from your home or office before you can safely move back in. By following these simple tips, you can ensure that your home is mold-free and safe for everyone to return. If you prefer to have a professional handle it, look for a licensed mold remediation raleigh NC.
- Identify the source of the mold and fix the problem
- Wear a respirator and gloves to protect yourself from the spores
- Mix a solution of bleach and water in a spray bottle and spray it on the mold
- Let the solution sit for 10-15 minutes, then scrub it off with a brush
- Rinse off any remaining residue with clean water
- Repeat as necessary until all of the mold is gone
- To prevent mold, you need to prevent condensation, so fix leaks and fix water problems right away
- Keep humidity levels below 50%
- Please change the filters on your air conditioning units regularly to keep them clean
- If you have carpets or rugs, make sure they are dry before allowing pets or people back into the home
- Never leave damp clothes in a hamper for more than 24 hours before washing them-there will be mold growing inside of it!