If your home has a large enough yard space with a gardening and landscaping area, then you will need to keep that in mind as you move forward with any designs you may have prepared. Gardening requires time and a lot of effort, so you should first keep a few things in mind:
– Try to begin the first sawing with starting plants. They should be sawed about a month before the last frost so to give them enough time to form strong stems and leaves. Another great tip is to keep them at home and to place them near the warmer, southern, wall or near a window with a direct sunlight.
– Contact the gardening professionals in your region every season to discuss the details for the new season. Ask some of the most questions such as the assessment of the risk from fungi in the lawn due to the high humidity in the spring mornings, the danger of insects, ask them for a recommendation about the perfect frequency for garden spraying in the mid-summer, and others. Make sure to keep the contacts of the trusted gardeners for just in case.
– Play with the landscapes of the outdoor garden every year. Sometimes, even the small changes can create a completely different look of the garden. Consider buying new decorative objects like a furniture, a doghouse, a huge umbrella, etc. Change the location of the area for the colorful and fragrant flowers. Make small walkways through the veggies or through the flowers. Add a small decorative pond. Plant the new seeds in new locations by following the rule of the “low plants in front and the high plants on the back sight”.
– The garden maintenance is quite more difficult when it comes to large outdoor gardens, so make sure to keep your toolboxes and equipment well organized in a gardening kit. Include the most important ones and ensure that they are in perfect condition. Sharpen the blades and clean all the dirt from the shelves for storage of the tools. Then, check out the condition of the oldest tools or of the ones that you use more occasionally. Do some small repairs or change the old tools with new ones. This will improve all the maintenance activities, which in the summertime and during the harvesting periods can take place every day.
– Make different themed areas in your garden, where you can plant in “combinations”. This method gives plenty of advantages, such as great maturing rates, great mixtures of colors and scents, concentrating the need for leaf collection only in some parts of the garden, etc. Let` take the combinations with the veggies: cabbages, spinach and broccoli are perfect for sawing in the same area. Corn, melons and beans are good for another area, while most of the herbs and the bushes such as parsley and raspberry can make another wonderful themed-area. Put the different areas on a garden plan sketching and you can easily see the best place for the walkways with flowers.
– The lawn should take a central place in any typical outdoor garden. That`s why you want to take good care about the lawn. A list for lawn maintenance activities will improve the results, especially when you pick up the best dates for weed control, trimming and leaf collection.
– Ensure a proper lighting in the greenhouse, for the porch or for another place that overlooks the garden. It will play a major role for the lazy summer nights when you spend most of the nighttime in the garden. The lights can be powerful or just enough to see the combinations of dark shades and green silhouettes.
– Use optical illusions to make a small outdoor garden to look larger. There is no need for a lot of talent for decoration to remember that the game of lights and the size of the objects is essential for the true sense of size that one gets from just walking through the garden. Put mirrors at some key spots that can reflect light and the colors of the flowers at once. Add water areas to the garden landscaping to enhance the true sense of nature. Combine large and small bushes in one area or make a tall natural fence out of green bushes.
At the end of the day you will find your efforts will pay off handsomely, giving you a chance to make your garden into a part of your home you can be really proud of all the way.